HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Team Pass Thru - #7
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2012, 11:37 AM
On_Point
Typical Buck

Howdy fellas! Ive updated the thread & re-calculated the scores.
We're leading the contest with 735 2/8 points, with Team Buck-U trailing us in 2nd with 657 7/8 & Team 8 trailing them in 3rd with 557 6/8 points. Team 1 is in 4th place with 544 6/8 points & Team 6 in 5th with 504 4/8.

With the primary rut over & deer moving into their winter patterns, the number of entries will likely slow down. But the caliber of deer may be just as good. Any good entry can change everything, so if youd like to keep this lead & win this years contest I suggest you get your asses out there & kill some more deer.

Ive been hunting like crazy in hopes of scoring a world class buck. Through the rut I passed on so many smaller bucks that Im kicking myself for not arrowing one already. But Im going to hold out till I arrow my 150+. I still have 5 1/2 weeks of bow season to hunt here & after scheduling everything just right, Ill get another good 20 days afield, so Im not going to panic yet. Instead, Im going to utilize my game cams to pick up on their winter feeding patterns & set up an ambush. If it doesnt work out, Ill end up taking one of the smaller bucks on the property, but Im not giving up just yet.

I hope everyone is having or has had a great season. This has been an interesting contest with a great team & Id like to see us win this thing so we can do it again next year. So Jesse, get your ass out there & put a doe down.