HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Our Muzzleloader season opens on Saturday
Old 12-11-2012, 06:04 PM
onetohunt
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Gm54-120
IIRC MDC claimed a 10% harvest increase (over the last 10 years) on urban hunts and i saw a 8% increase listed but now the AP link is dead on the MissouriwhiteTails forum.

We stopped by a meat processor near Crawford/Franklin counties. His freezers were packed and most were smaller bucks. Very few does and very few bucks scoring over 125.

Ive seen better years for sure.

BTW Now its called the "alternative method" season. Now they allow CF pistols too and the traditionalists are bent.
Yeah I seen those totals also GM, but I wonder about them. They said at one time that they thought that we lost about 20,000 deer to blue tongue, makes me wonder?? I know that the lower half of the state had a better deer kill than the northern, and it was mostly does from what the conservation agent told me. This alternative weapons replacing muzzleloading is different as well. Missouri still has to many gun seasons as it is, we need to get back to the way it used to be, one gun season and it would be moved back to the week of Thanksgiving and one buck during bow season and it would make our herd a little bit better than it is. I'm just afraid we will really pay for the blue tongue the next two years. Good luck to you this weekend GM, shoot a good one!