HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Ever hate yourself after killing a deer?
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2012, 03:02 AM
Scoobiedoo6559
Fork Horn

My thoughts are this:

1) Missing 8 deer? That's disturbing in itself. Are you taking running or Hail Mary shots? Shots beyond your skill? That is a lot of missed deer.

2) Killing a 3 pointed vs. a doe? Was your gun scoped? I can't help but wonder (and I could be wrong - I admit it) - are you shooting at deer that you can't positively identify?

3) Kicking the ATV? That's a bit of poor sportsmanship there - don't you think? How old are you? 12?

4) Why lie to the butcher about who took the deer? Be honest and own-up to the truth and take responsibility for your actions. You shot it - take responsibility for it.

5) Using your dad's tag for it? Pretty dishonest I think. Too many guys seem to be doing that kinda thing and it's hurting the image of hunters. You shot it - use your own tag to tag it. Again - take responsibility for your actions.

6) The other poster is right - too many guys focus on the kill vs. enjoying the great outdoors and God's Creations. Yeah we all like to be successful and have meat in the freezer for the winter + - but ****e happens. Accept that you can't harvest a deer EVERY TIME!

Sorry to be so hard on you but it seems there is a lot amiss with your sportsmanship, attitude and ethics.