HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Turkey call, easiest to learn
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2012, 06:18 PM
kevin2
Spike

Your post stuck in my craw all day long, so I finally picked up my 2 calls this evening. My daugher laughed at me as I was drooling & all I did was change the shape of my tongue & presto, I got a turkey sound.

Brilliant, I actually got both to work for the first time. Been dialing in a basic sound for a hour or so now. I'm finding that setting it back farther in my mouth helps. Funny, I've drooled for ever with this this in my mouth, got tapes I've studied, youtube tutorials I've studied and tried, just about everything & finally gave up after a couple years it seems.

Well, I'm going to give it some work & see if it does the job. To be safe, I'm ordering a slate call too. I'll learn that & have a couple of options come spring turkey season.

Thanks guys...Kevin

Originally Posted by Murdy
I wasn't able to learn to use a diaphragm for a long time. Couple years ago, I left a few in my truck and would play with them everyday when I was on my way to work. One day, something just clicked and now I can use them. I actually prefer them, primarily used box calls before, but they still make me gag after a while.