HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Im having trouble bringing my pin up to dead center
Old 12-10-2012, 08:59 AM
timmyzimmy
Fork Horn

Not sure I understand either but here's some ideas.

Personally, I don't wait to put my finger on the trigger that late. As soon as I have my peep and sight ring lined up and I know the rig is in the right place, I'm on the trigger. I haven't looked at the pin yet, just getting the circles lined up. (Although target is typically close to pin at this point)

Two ways to acquire target on pin. I do it one way and my expert sniper cousin does it another. Most of us , get dialed in and try to bring the bow UP to target. I do it and Easton i sounds like you do too. The sniper says to bring the pin down to acquire target. He says its easier on mechanics of the whole thing. I haven't changed but when it comes to shooting, he knows his stuff.

Two questions. 1) Can you draw, aim 10 yards short, finger on trigger and bring pin to target. Also, draw, aim 10 yards long, finger on trigger and bring to target.

2) Your pin on target, can you repeatedly put your finger on trigger and behind (my safety when I draw), back and forth to safety to fire to safety to fire, without your pin losing target (your figure 8 shouldn't change much). ((Your figure 8 in the natural motion everyone has while trying to keep still))

I'm interested what data you get here. It could be either a mental or mechanical issue depending on which one of these questions you notice something. Good luck.