HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - It'll be over soon.
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2012, 03:59 AM
falcon
Boone & Crockett

Except for archery season that is open until 15 January and the holiday doe season its all over in OK.

Had a lot of fun, got a lot of good exercise and saw a lot of deer. Passed on numerous deer including two good bucks. Passed on one of the bucks because i could not see the front bead on my New Englander. Passed on another buck because it would have been a very long drag through an area that had a bad ice storm in January 2010. Theres about 3,000 acres of downed trees and tree limbs.

Took one fat doe the day after Thanksgiving. May try for another one during the Christmas-New Year holidays. May get out the crossbow and try for a buck.

Breechplug, here is a technique that has worked well for me and my friends who hunt my scrapes. Find a woodline that borders a field. Usually the woodline is the border of a dominant bucks territory. Find active scrapes or make fake scrapes. Douse them with doe in heat pee and buck pee; then a small container with a 1/8" hole in the bottom is filled with cotton balls and buck/doe pee mixed is poured in. This is hung over the scrape about 6' off the ground: It drips a few drops per day and keeps the scrape fresh. That often gets the bucks attention, many times they start checking the scrapes in the daytime.

Breechplug; i hope you get that big buck.