HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Help locating my 1st bear hunt
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2012, 04:21 PM
Kalgalath
Spike

Default Help locating my 1st bear hunt

I'm looking for a prefect scenario for my 1st bear hunt and I was thinking someone here might be able to help. For me it's simple, all I'm looking for is a guided black bear hunt with the highest probability of getting a bear early on in the hunt. I'm also going to need taxidermy butchering and meat packaging. I would prefer to hunt over bait from a blind, but I'm not opposed to running dogs, only because from what I read I would be more successful with bait. On the other hand, I really love the thrill of running dogs here at home, in backwoods Alabama. My lovely wife has has given me the okay to go on my trip, but if I'm going to spend several thousand then it's going to have to be a family trip. This is where the searching for trips has got me a bit frustrated. My wife is not a hunter and not really the outdoors type so there are going to be a few stipulations and changes added to my personal plan. If I'm going to be able to go on my trip, this is a list of what I'm looking for from an outfitter or a lodges hunting package.

5 day bear hunt M-F (over bait or dog run)
I hunt with a .454 Casull revolver with a 6 1/2 inch barrel (have scope, prefer iron sights)
(prefer to be hunting no more than 8 hours a day)
Taxidermy butchering and meatpacking are needed
Need to be able to drive to location
2 adults either private room or private cabin
All meals provided
Outdoor activities with a family atmosphere for my wife and I when not hunting
1 small pet allowed
9 year old son may accompany us, if school doesn't interfere
Internet and TV
Town should be no more than 30 minutes drive from lodge

I know this is asking a lot, I just hope it isn't asking too much. Trying to use google to find what I'm looking for is making me want to bang my head against hard surfaces. Can someone please help?