HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Intentional Grounding team 14
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2012, 12:19 PM
KSBOHUNTR
Fork Horn

Lots of squirrels. There are oak trees everywhere and leaves all over the ground right now. The area my folks live in is called Harolds Oaks. We haven't had much rain in a while and didn't see much of it during that time of year. I'll get a picture posted of it first chance I get to download everything. Some of my friends that are seasoned hunters think maybe BlueTongue got him. I didn't see the difference where I hunt but I guess KS got hit pretty hard by this. KDWP reported anywhere from 30% to 50% heard loss. Crazy! Thankfully i wasn't hurt by this. Last weekend my wifes cousin that owns the major property i hunt shot a nice 9 pt that i have about 10 pics of from velvet to hard bone and then 2 nights ago his wife shot a 12 pt that came from no where. I read that most deer with BT will be found near water because they try to get cooled down. There is no water out back but about 100 yds in front of the house is Spring River. Who knows though. I don't think i have ever heard coyotes back there in 15 years or more. I know some guys used to hunt on the back side..even wonder if it was shot and never found. I do recall seeing some rib cage, I could look for cracked ribs just out of curiosity.