HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Thinking about bowhunting next year...
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2012, 05:48 PM
Damon
Fork Horn

Okay, I will say this the best I can...I gun hunted for over 20 years, small game to large game, I have many a story to share while doing so. While I did this, I never thought of the "explosion" that it took to drop the game, i thought of the placement it was going to take, to take the game home to put meat on the table. Although there are shots that a Bowhunter wouldnt (shouldnt) take that a person with a gun may, it doesnt make one more ethical than the other. I gave up gun hunting long ago, if you ask me why, usually my respnose is "anyone can shoot a deer from 300 yds out", and I firmly believe that, I done it. Everyone has posted reasons why and I agree with most all, so I am not going to debate them. When I read "shot" "explosion" etc, I am reading that you, sir, dont belong in bowhunting. You are looking for a different avenue in which you can have a more successful season, thats not the life of a bowhunter, we go several seasons, at times, without a kill, which in the end substansiates the love we have for what we do.So, in the end, you have to ask yourself...."why do I love deerhunting?" not," how many deer can I kill?" or "is bowhunting something I should consider?" When you take up a Bow you are all in, here is no in between, thats we we love about it!