HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Epic Fail
Thread: Epic Fail
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2012, 06:59 PM
waymore3
Spike

Default Epic Fail

Well I started my 3rd season as a Bowhunter off well

1st I got stuck driving on a logging road paying too much attention to my gps and not enough to the road. Drove off the road into the ditch which was a small river due to the rainfall we had. Knock on an old guys door for a tow. He had a Ford F-350 in the driveway so I knew he could pull my GMC with a Duramax out. I told the old man where I was and I ran the mile or so back to my truck to wait for him. About 20 min later he showed up in a 2wd Nissan Hardbody and proceeded to tow my sorry ass out. I was impressed and embarrassed at the same time. That was my opening day!!

Next day I called in 3 of the biggest Blacktail bucks I'd ever seen, but I just couldn't get them close enough. Next day was really windy and I missed a decent buck at about 40 yds. Also missed a doe.

On my last day off I missed another doe at a much shorter 20-30 yards not once, but twice. I know I can do this, but I am getting very frustrated

Guess I'll be making BEEF jerky this year again!!!

At least I have an awesome recipe for my jerky check out my video on how I make jerky. Maybe I'll sell some so I can buy more arrows!!!

http://youtu.be/flgHvuS50xA