HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Bowhunting
Thread: Bowhunting
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2012, 06:48 AM
not the dogs
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by iamyourhuckleberry
I'd say, a determined and confident bowhunter is going to be "more"... dedicated, tired, emotional, purserving and a whole mess of discriptive adjectives which will eventually equate to "success". Never stop trying and learning! And never let anyone say you cannot do it with a bow! If you are determined and confident, then it is simply a matter of time! This bowhunting gig is a game of connect the dots. The more you experience, the more dots you gather. It becomes easier as you begin to add dots to your reservoir, or "bag of tricks". As Half said, practise and more practice is the first step-know your equipment. It should be an extention of your soul...be humble enough to know your limits.

Good hunting.
Yeah I won't draw my bow unless it's within 30 yrds. With my set up that's all I feel comfortable with. Maybe in the future with a different setup and more practice I may be able to reach out a little farther but for now 30 yrds is what I feel comfortable with. There is so much to learn. Guess that's why I love it so much. Everyone kelp telling me to get a crossbow but that just didn't appeal to me. I did shoot my cousins crossbow but I just wanted something more challeging and boy did I find it. There's nothing like waiting for that perfect moment to draw the bow. And when you do get to full draw and know that it's about to happen, now that's when you have to calm your nerves and and make it happen. Last year I did draw back but somehow the deer felt that something was wrong and decided to run about 10 yards away from me. He was sill only 20 yards out but I decided that since I had been in the draw position and my nerves were a little out of wack, not to take the shot. Not to mention he didn't seem to be as calm as I thought that he should've been. I don't regret making that decision because even if I'd let the arrow fly, there's no telling what would've happened. This year I felt comfortable with the shot I took and the deer never know what hit her. It's an unbelievable feeling.