HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Paying to hunt posted land
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2012, 06:33 PM
ruffryder1221
Spike

You're right. I can't deny him his right to do what he wants with his land, nor would I want to. It's not so much the concept that bothers me, but the execution. I'm laying out in a rock pile since about 4:00 am, quarter mile off a prairie trail that borders this guy's land, waitin for the deer to come in. Just a little after 7:00, minutes before shooting light, a ridiculously loud truck comes tearing down the path. I didn't know who it was, just figured it was another hunter or a farmer, that's what I get for hunting that close to a trail. Then around 7:45, sunrise, the same truck comes driving by. This time it stopped, the passenger gets out, gets something from the back of the truck, gets back in and takes off. Got a good look through the binocs, but didn't recognize him. Around 9:00, I'm about to give up and start walking, the same truck drives by again. This time from the other direction, so I got a good look at the driver, and sure enough, it was him. And to top it all off, I find out his kids used to hunt my dad's land, free of charge of course.