HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - What Would You Have Done???
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2012, 10:26 AM
Thunderchicken217
Fork Horn

Yea not real sure I would have given it to him myself having had the same thing happen to me 25 yrs ago when I was 12 and the deer wasnt given to me and glad now it wasnt. Don't get me wrong it was an incredibly nice thing to do but now here is a kid with a really nice buck that for all intents and purposes he did not kill. He may mount the deer and for yrs to come tell people about this deer he killed which he never did. Just not sure it is sending the right message no matter how kind of an act it was. I know losing my 1st deer to another hunter because of my own bad shot was well worth it as it made me practice a whole lot more the following season. This was back in Md when rifle season was 1 week long and you were aloud 1 buck and that was it unless you were lucky enough in those days to draw a doe tag. I had an entire yr to think about it and made damn sure come next yr I wouldnt miss. Anyhow good for you and it was a real nice thing to do but still torn if its sending the right type of message.