HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Touchy subject
Thread: Touchy subject
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2012, 02:38 PM
jmartin1
Spike

I am half Cherokee American Indian and I can't believe some things people are saying on this forum. I could say so many things and get everybody pissed off,but Im going to watch my tongue.I think your talking about the wrong nationality on most of this. We aren't the ones that think everyone should get everything for free. Do I think it's fair to let some people hunt at night and others not,nope. I don't and I don't think anybody else should either.
As far as rights go,I do believe the American Indian was here way before anybody else. My grandparents escaped off the reservation when they were 15 to get married and to get out of poverty. My family doesn't believe in getting checks from the government. We don't sign up for that,although it's out there . That's their own choice. I don't think being lied to and tricked was defeat. I think it was more of trusting the wrong people. The same people that they helped survive turned their backs on them. Am I bitter?Nope, not one bit. That's the way God has it written down.
I will get off my soap box now and move on. Life is too short to be bitter. I don't have time for that anyway!