HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Dear Dog Hunters
View Single Post
Old 11-26-2012, 05:27 AM
7.62NATO
Nontypical Buck

Default Dear Dog Hunters

I have no real desire to hunt with a bow. Buzzing insects, green leaves and warm weather don't mix with deer hunting IMO. But you may be pushing me in the that direction. The four times I got to hunt in our two weeks of muzzleloader season were awesome. Saw deer every time and killed two. They don't let you run dogs during muzzleloader season. Thank God.

Now that the dog hunters run their dogs through every cotton-pickin' inch of Pocahontas State Park, it really, really makes the deer extra prone to going 100% nocturnal. Yes, even on the weekdays.

Got to hunt some private land this past Saturday for the first time. Thought it would be awesome. But I found that the surrounding properties run deer dogs. And guess what? Those dogs came onto the property where I was taking my sister hunting for the first time. What's that you say? You can't control where the dogs run, and dogs don't know the property lines? NO KIDDING!! That's the point.

So I might just have to take up bow hunting, simply to be able to hunt without your invasive critters crawling over every inch of woods known to man.