HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - quad 400
Thread: quad 400
View Single Post
Old 11-24-2012, 03:09 PM
Buckhunter46755
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by grinder67
No one said there was a problem just wanted to get a better scope for her. The only problem is that people think they need to spend a fortune to kill a deer and i guess i can understand it for hunters with less ability. If you need to spend $1000 for a crossbow or a compound bow or $1500 for a shotgun and load them with $40 a box ammuntion then you go ahead nock yourself out. Where i hunt the deer havnt got any tougher people have just got lazier. I for one will never spend such a ridiculas amount of money to kill a deer. If you dont have a constructive response to my question keep your coments to yourself. Ouch!
Just to let you know, I wasn't knocking you or your crossbow.
I thought that was kind of a rude comment as well.
As far as crossbows go, I can only speak for myself. I bought what I wanted, a re-curve.
Don't know anything about Barnett's personally. Never shot one, never even handled one.
The only other crossbow I have owned or shot was a Horton Realtree HD175. After a year I decided to upgrade to a re-curve because no bow press is needed for simple maintenance, string changes, etc. No cables to break, no pulley's to tune, etc.
I chose an Excalibur for the safety, reliability, quality and excellent customer service.
I bought it once & it will last my lifetime and then some.
And yes, it has killed many deer.
Don't let other's dictate what's right for you.
Enjoy your crossbow and have fun. That's what it's all about, right?