HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Virginia Rut Watch 2012
View Single Post
Old 11-23-2012, 02:34 PM
VAhuntr
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by DROX
Folks,
This year was the rut that never happened; at least for me! I live in NoVa just around Lovettesville and have not seen much rutting activity in spite of being in my tree stand at least 10 different days since the start of muzzleloader season (Nov 3). I did see some bucks moving around by themselves, in fact, I saw three different and nice bucks on the same morning (got one of them). However, what I haven't see was bucks chasing does or bucks running with does! As a matter of fact, I have seen, these past few weeks, are does (small groups) wandering around by themselves.

This is way different than past years. Could it be the weather? Was the rut just the few days I wasn't in the field. Usually, around my parts there is no mistaking rutting activity. What's up?

Rut has been odd here too. Most people did not see much activity until the second week of blackpowder here and then it just shut off. Then a lot of people saw chasing yesterday and today. I was stuck on call yesterday and today and have not been able to hunt. Got several days off coming hope so hopefully I can find a buck or two left!