HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Sticking cases
View Single Post
Old 10-30-2003, 09:08 AM
Mykey
Nontypical Buck

Default Sticking cases

I have a question for you guys. I have a friend who has a Weatherby Vanguard in 30.06 and after he fires a round he has to force the bolt up by striking it with the palm of his hand to get it to open and afterwards the case is stuck and has to be removed by putting a rod down the barrel from the muzzle to force it out. The case has marks on the rim where the bolt is trying to eject it out but can' t. He said it use to do it every once in a while but now it happens on every shot. He is shooting factory bullets and said they it doesn' t matter what manufacturer he' s tried it still does it. I made a handloaded dummy round just to try and it also stuck. I love to tinker but i' m no gunsmith so i suggested that he take it to one. I' ve never had one to do this so i don' t really have a clue as to whats going on unless there' s maybe something wrong with the chamber. If you guys have any suggestions before hand that i could pass along to him i' m sure he would appreciate it and so would i. Thanks!