HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Question-Sights On Browning Gold 10ga.
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2012, 05:12 AM
Jackson Bowner
Fork Horn

Default Question-Sights On Browning Gold 10ga.

I have a Browning Gold 10ga that came with a factory HIVIZ sight. I bought this shotgun probably 7-8 years ago and thought at the time that the HIVIZ sight system was king of cheap. It came with extremely long screws on the back sight that should have been designed to fit the exact length needed to hold it on the barrel instead of having to try to cut them off so they don't rip your skin. And the front sight always moved a little going into or out of the case so I always had to make sure it was adjusted and tight. Well, yesterday while taking it out of the case, the front HIVIZ plastic sight tip just broke off.

So, I am contemplating replacing this whole new HIVIZ sight with a simple front bead. I am wondering if there would be a problem with sight alignment if I did this, and if anyone knew if there would be a problem shooting with the simple, single front bead. The HIVIZ sight aligns the elevated rear sight with the front sight that sits on the barrel so it just seems as though a simple front bead with no rear sight would change the angle and result it the shot going lower than it would with the HIVIZ system.

If it is possible to convert to a single front bead, I don't know where a good place to buy one would be, and I don't know the thread size. So if anyone hs any ideas or input, I sure would appreciate hearing your comments. Thanks! and happy hunting.