HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Can you belive this bull$*@&?!?!?!!?!?!?!?
Old 11-20-2012, 09:04 AM
Schobs
Typical Buck

I'm pretty surprised at all the "first shot gets the deer no matter what" mentalities here. It's hard for me to believe, and you'd be hard pressed to get MY deer if you follow a deer a half-mile or more after shooting it in the leg and expect to take the meat/rack from me after I put a lethal shot on it. If you put the effort into following that deer, that's awesome. Props to you for putting forth every effort to recover wounded game, but something non-lethal like a leg shot doesn't entitle you to that animal. To those saying the hunter who shoots a wounded animal isn't 100% entitled to the animal must not hunt anywhere near any other person or road, otherwise any deer they shoot that might've had their natural routine interrupted by another person or car or whatever also wouldn't be able to take 100% claim over the animal by that same reasoning. If the neighbors do a drive and the deer comes onto your land and you shoot it, does that entitle the neighbors to that deer since they pushed it?