HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Sister wants to go hunting but wants nothing to do with the aftermath
Old 11-15-2012, 07:22 PM
ruffryder1221
Spike

Default Photo hunting

I once had a Native American neighbor who loved hunting, but then after getting married he found out killing animals was frowned upon by his native religion, and more importantly his Native American bride. He mounted some kind of setup on his rifle that looked like a scope, and had crosshairs, but was actually a camera. It was connected to his trigger to take a picture when he pulled it. He then shot blanks out of gun to make it seem real. The idea is he can hunt down the animal, get it in the crosshairs, and pull the trigger, but instead of a mount on the wall he just gets a picture. I don't know if it was some kind of home made contraption, or where he would have gotten it, but I've never seen anything else like it. That would maybe intrigue someone who enjoys the thrill of the hunt, but not the mess. It certainly ain't my cup of tea, but it was pretty neat, and actually took incredible pictures.