HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - .30-06, 165 gr. Nosler Partitions
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2002, 02:07 PM
charlie brown
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: .30-06, 165 gr. Nosler Partitions

DG- the reason I am going to use the Partition bullet is because I will not be around this summer after my bear hunt in Montana. I will have about 2 1/2 weeks from the time I get back from MT, until I leave for AZ for the summer. I will be coming home less than a week before I will be going to WY for antelope if I draw the tag. Just long enough to go check my zero. I just don't have the time to build new loads for each animal that I plan to hunt. I picked the Partition because it is probably the best all around bullet to use. Just for the record, last year, I shot my deer at 325 yards with a Core-Lokt at about the same velocity. The first shot was about 350 yards and it went high, but in perfect alignment with the chest, I just held slightly too high. The Core-Lokt has much worse BC than the Partition, so I would be confident to take a shot that long with it, even though that long of a shot isn't the norm. The longest my dad has ever shot an antelope at is about 200 yards. With a point blank range of close to 300 yards, I don't think there will be a problem with hitting anything that I want with this bullet. I hope this answered your question.

P.S.- thanks everybody for the replies, It looks like I will be using H-4350 for the variances in temps it can handle.

Edited by - charlie brown on 02/03/2002 15:09:39