HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Fair?
Thread: Fair?
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2012, 06:18 AM
chaded
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by OhioNovice
Yeah its pretty crappy how they differ the doe tags versus either sex. I normally buy a doe tag and an either sex tag, planning on taking a doe but not wanting to miss out on a giant buck.

They need to be more specific and more clear about thier explanations. What sucks is: if you haven't gotten a deer by Nov 25, then you are only allowed 2 deer instead of 4, because doe tags expire before gun season.

He must have been having a bad day; I cant understand why he would ticket you without you actually taking a deer. A warning and a a better explanation of the law would have been more beneficial.

The only time Ive even seen a wildlife officer was fishing at Hueston woods and he just checked out licenses and didnt even care what we had caught.
The reason he didn't take a deer is because the OP did not take a deer illegally. He was hunting with an invalid tag but did not take a deer. If he had taken a deer with that tag I am sure he would be in even more trouble.

I seriously doubt the OP was in an Urban zone either. The game warden clearly knew beforehand the OP was possibly hunting with an invalid tag, hence he was waiting for him and asked him right from the beginning how many deer he shot. These guys can pull your license plate number and fine out whatever they need to know.