HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Fair?
Thread: Fair?
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2012, 05:59 AM
snapper1982
Banned

Originally Posted by OhioNovice
Yeah its pretty crappy how they differ the doe tags versus either sex. I normally buy a doe tag and an either sex tag, planning on taking a doe but not wanting to miss out on a giant buck.

They need to be more specific and more clear about thier explanations. What sucks is: if you haven't gotten a deer by Nov 25, then you are only allowed 2 deer instead of 4, because doe tags expire before gun season.

He must have been having a bad day; I cant understand why he would ticket you without you actually taking a deer. A warning and a a better explanation of the law would have been more beneficial.

The only time Ive even seen a wildlife officer was fishing at Hueston woods and he just checked out licenses and didnt even care what we had caught.
antlerless permits do NOT expire they just become restricted to urban zones.

Hunters may take up to 6 antlerless deer within the Urban Deer Units using either an antlerlessdeer permit or either-sex deer permit.

Antlerless deer taken within the Urban Deer Units are tallied independently and will not count towards your deer bag limits in Zones A, B, or C.

The antlerless deer permits are valid in the Urban Units through February 3, 2013. Antlerless deer permits will not be sold after November 25, 2012.

now here is your loophole for a defense. that is straight out of the urban deer hunting section. go look up the zone around cinncy and if you are in the urban zone. which i hope you are. it says you can tag urban deer with either antlerless or either sex permits. it also says they do not count toward you bag limmit. so therfore that means you can buy 6 eithersex permits to kill urban deer and still buy 2 for the regular zone permits.

still possible that you would get an ass of a judge and they say ignorance is no excuse but its the best i can find for ya