HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Scope Switcharoo
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2012, 04:45 AM
Sweetroels
Spike

Originally Posted by Mojotex
Scope swapping as you described sounds like a plan to me. I would suggest that you sight your RUM dead on at 200 rather than 300 yards. That should be plenty adequate for managing drop at 400-500 yards, and still leave you with an easy POI management at 100-200-300 yards. Check the ballistic charts for info ... better yet learn what the trajectory is of your set up testing at the range.

You might want to consider a mil-dot type reticule or one of the scope models that has an easy elevation adjustment for known distances. However, at a $600 budget, you might be somewhat pushed to find a really good low light performing 12X scope.

Thanks Mojotex. Maybe this scope at Natchez would fit the bill? Weaver 4.4-16x50 Classic Extreme Riflescope Illuminated German #4 Reticle Matte.

Chuck hawks thought it was a good scope. Don't know much about Weavers quality. 329 is a good price normally 569. I don't shoot the RUM that much maybe it would hold up? Does anybody have experience with this model of Weaver? Thanks

Last edited by Sweetroels; 11-07-2012 at 04:49 AM.