HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - 338-06........what a shame.
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2003, 07:21 PM
James B
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: 338-06........what a shame.

I don,t know if it would be of interest to you but that barrel is available for the TC Encore. This along with many and I do mean many other otherwise impossible to find calibers. Go to Fox Ridge Outfitters on your computer. You will be amazed at the offering they have. They have about all the standard cartridges and most all the Ackely improved from 17HRM to 45-70 including the 375 H&H Mag. Also If you want to rebarrel a bolt to this caliber, I would recommend E. R. Shaw barrels. They have a site you can check on. They have rebarreled several rifles for me and did an outstanding job. They will furnish just the barrel or they will fit it to your reciever. They will Blue it for you or you can do it yourself. You determine the rate of twist, barrel contour and lenght. The last one they did for me, I sent them the barreled action and they replaced the barrel and headspaced it and blued it all for a little over 200.00 They furnished the new barrel of course in that price as well. I would quess the price is somewhat higher now as that was several years ago. I had a shot out 700 Remington 30-06 and they rebarreled it to 280 for me. Look them up and give them a call if you have any questions. They are good people.