HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - i read an article,average deer hunter age is 42 and the future looks bleek, lets do our own pool!
Old 10-29-2003, 07:21 PM
deerhuntr107
Typical Buck

Default RE: i read an article,average deer hunter age is 42 and the future looks bleek, lets do our own pool!

Im 16 and I started 2 seasons ago.
My dad never hunted, he has always been into cars and they have always been his passion. Ever since he was a kid. I have been into cars and stuff my whole life as well but not as much as him. I wasnt one of the " normal" kids who got up on Saturday morning and watched cartoons. I got up and watched TNN and Bill Dance was my hero lol. I have fished since I was 2 and got an interest in hunting about 5-6 years ago, just never had anyone to take me. After I found someone, I have absolutely LIVED for hunting.
Growing up in a small town around farms, and being surrounded by other small town with the same, I guess I didnt realize that not only the average was so high but that there is such a need to get more youth involved because most of the kids at school and the most of the kids that I know from other schools hunt. So, this all comes as a suprise to me.