HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Anyone ever use Ozonics?
View Single Post
Old 11-05-2012, 11:32 AM
huskergoosehunter
Spike

I just searched for forum for this subject to see what others had to say. But here is my experience from this last weekend. I went back home to hunt with my brother. He has had an Ozonics for a couple years now and he really likes it. We have an area where deer will come from anywhere so scent control is every important. We shower with scent soap and spray down heavily before we head to the stand. With all that being said. My brother had the wind switch on him Friday night and had minimum of 30 deer downwind of him for more than an hour and a couple were mature bucks. He actually couldn't even draw his bow on a buck because of how close the does were to him. I know for a fact without it he would have been busted.

Last night was my turn in the stand that deer come from everywhere so I had it the Ozonics with me. I had about 5-6 does come in the downwind side and they never blew or ran but did get a little excited and didn't stay around me very long. Also grunted in a nice buck that circled around me and got down wind 60yds. He did trot off a little ways but then calmed down and started looking for hot does.

So does it work, I believe so. How well? I am still not 100% sure. Maybe my brother had it positioned a little bit better than me. I do know in the food plot that we hunt that once a doe or 2 blow at something they are gone and the hunt is pretty much over. This weekend that did not happen. With the rut on we were both able to hunt even though one of the stands was not set up perfect for the wind and it didn't get us busted. But will I drop the $400 on one so I have it where I hunt 3 hours away from my brother? Probably not this year but next year when I have $400 of Cabela's buck saved up I will probably own one.