HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Lumenok vs. Nockturnal
View Single Post
Old 11-05-2012, 01:10 AM
5 shot
Nontypical Buck

nockturnals for me. I have tried several types over the years. the nockturnals most
consistent and easy to use. They stay lit a long time as well. Opening day they saved me a lot of trouble. I missed a decent 8 point and the nockturnal allowed me to see clearly it was a miss. Later I shot a doe and the arrow stayed in her. No blood to speak of and my eyes are not that good at dusk anyways. I walked where she went and did a loop back to my stand. It was pitch dark and from about 100 yards away I saw the nock glowing and found my deer. a few days later I shot another doe and the nockturnal allowed me to see the hit clearly. two weeks later I went back to the stand I killed the first deer, after the evening hunt I went to look for the arrow I shot at the 8, and low and behold It was glowing under the leafs. I am sure it didn't stay lit the entire time, but it seemed to "turn on" at dark and shut off in the day. Probably due to the temp change. I am not sure about that but in any case I found my arrow. This is my first year using them on all my arrows full time and I am now sold on there usefulness.