HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Get Outta here already!
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2012, 08:00 PM
Breechplug
Nontypical Buck

Well the weather was perfect today, low 40's no wind and the bucks are in Full Rut. This was my first day bowhunting since our season opened on Oct 1st, I waited for the rut and it's paying off to save my stands and not give away my presence. I saw 8 different bucks and 2 nice 8 pointers that I'll probably wish I see during our gun season that starts in 2 weeks that I passed on.
Im hunting my favorite bow stand and property, it's a 75 acre corn field surrounded by my buddies woods, there's deer tacks there that would scare most. But the thing I found today and I found one last year on the same pole is a buck is Rubbing Telephone Poles along the corn field. These ar'nt your regular telephone poles these are the Big Ones that hold the primary lines. I did'nt have my camera with me today even though I always do, but tomorrow I'll get some pics of the rubbed telephone poles and his tracks by the poles, he's got to be one heck of a buck. He has to have over a 20" inside spread to just rub the poles.
Our weather forecast for the whole week is cool in the low 30's to low 40's and some snow, the rut in in full swing and things are looking good.
(BP)