HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Scent lok and scent block = hoax
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2012, 12:17 PM
olfatguy
Spike

I have a couple of scent lock outfits that I got years ago, when I worked in an archery shop, at a pretty good price. I use them regularly but, since I try to play the wind as much as possible, can't say for sure just how much they really help.
The fact of the matter is (I know some of you might feel this is sacrilegious but, bear with me) I'm not sure "camo" clothing is an absolute must.
If you use the wind and available cover to, properly, break up your outline and don't move around enough to alert them, the deer won't know you're there anyway. My favorite hunting clothes are my old red, or green, and black buffalo plaid wool shirts and O.D. green wool army field pants (a carry-over from the 50's and 60's before military surplus camo started the camo rage) and I have had just as much success as when I'm dressed, head to toe, in the latest and greatest camo patterns (my predator and ASAT patterns being the exception).
The camo clothes, scent control/eliminator products, cover scents/attractants and, even blinds and stands, just give you an edge for when things don't go exactly right.
You just need to figure out how much of an edge you want, or need, and how much you're willing to pay for it