HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Wolf watching as I got ready for a hunting
Old 11-02-2012, 01:34 PM
schooter
Spike

Default Wolf watching as I got ready for a hunting

Yesterday morning after work I decided to go out and hunt because the rut is on here in WI. The stand I was hunting in is just behind a small gravel pit. On both sides of the gravel pit are houses. This is just a small 30 acre woods. So i got to the gravel pit and was getting ready and a neighbor stops and talks to me. The gravel pit is on a blacktop road. While we were talking I looked out into the cut bean field on the other side of the road and saw what looked like a big black lab. I took a closer look and notice that is had a red collar on. We both thought that is was a dog because of the collar. The neighbor left and the "dog" laid down and watch as I finished getting ready. It then got up and started walking the treeline and looking at me. I then noticed the tail and realize that it was not a dog but a wolf that was collared. It just looking at me. I then yelled at it and walked back into the woods. A few minutes later a local trapper came by and asked if I had seen the dog/wolf. I said yes. he had the DNR Wardens phone number and called him and the Wardens said that there is a knew black wolf in the area. I think its time for me to get a pistol for bow hunting. Has anybody else ever had a wolf watch them like this before. This land is only about 5 miles from a major town.