HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Official Team 5 Bloodtrail Brothers Thread
Old 11-02-2012, 08:58 AM
Boogeyman24
Fork Horn

Man hope you managed to avoid the storm as much as possible Strut, any anybody else out there. Glad to hear you guys have been out there and seeing deer.

Got back from MT rifle trip Wednesday AM, never pulled the trigger but it was quite the experience. You literally would walk around in open country, muley's would look at you from standing/bedding and never run away. Friday we spent the day driving around and getting a tour of the areas we could hunt, and we saw more than 500 deer (mule deer and whitetails). Saturday first day of hunting saw probably 100, some far away but many in shooting distance. Mid-morning had a nice 4x4 bedded 280 yards away but was across the fence (as always!).

Ended up seeing at least 1 shooter 3 of the 4 days we were hunting, it was a lot of fun. My dad did end up shooting a 5x5 that actually appeared on the ridge i was hunting but was scared off by a rancher on an atv and ran right to him. So we didn't come home empty-handed.

Back here in WI the rut is probably about the best it will be right now. I was planning on hunting this weekend but the car has been in the shop on and off for 2 weeks and they still haven't fixed the problem. Yesterday they told me it was fixed and wanted to keep it until this morning to be sure, and you guessed it it's not fixed and I won't have it for the weekend so no hunting for me.

Next week/weekend I'm planning on getting out and then the following weekend 11/17 gun season starts.