HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Lumenok vs. Nockturnal
View Single Post
Old 10-31-2012, 08:45 PM
BrushyHillGuide
Spike

Originally Posted by 07superglide
Wow!! You could just say don't waste your money!!

Just messing with you onpoint!

I have used the luemnok, and I had no problems! However in addition to what on point says
Unless you are useing them for fun.... They serve no purpose, yes they look good on film!! But.....

I'm just saying
I have to disagree about them not serving a purpose. Illuminated knocks make it much easier to identify the point of impact at the time of the shot; which makes it easier to determine how fast to safely get out and look for the game animal. They also make it easier to find your arrow after a miss- especially in thick cover. AND, they can make a late hour hit easier to follow (if you dont get a pass through) so that you have a better idea where to start looking for blood.

I use them on every arrow I hunt with and I really prefer my clients use them - for the reasons I stated. I use the Nockturnals. I used Lumenoks for years, made my own and used Easton Tracers under an Easton sponsorship. To me, the Nockturnals have better quality control and have never had a bad one out of the package (like Lumenocks) and I like the manual on-off. I also like my nock to fit tight and be fully seated instead of being almost seated like the Lumenocks require.

They're not a necessity, they're an extravagance. They will disqualify you from P&Y, if you care about being in the "club" but they're durn useful if you hunt for yourself and a gross score, instead of some ridiculous "net" score that only rewards symmetry and disregards the beauty of individual bucks.