HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Lumenok vs. Nockturnal
View Single Post
Old 10-31-2012, 01:02 PM
On_Point
Typical Buck

Just this year I decided to purchase an Illuminated Nock System for just a couple of my arrows. I wanted to read several hundred reviews & actually test some of the products before I purchased the right one. Being an informed consumer is the only way to shop in todays flooded market of poorly manufactured products. And with that being said, I found that over half of the product reviews for every manufacturer of Illuminated Nock are very, very poor. Between Lumenok & Nockturnal, the latter had far less negative reviews, but was still considered to be very poor. And though Lumenok & Nockturnal are both very popular brands & have better reviews than Easton, LighteningNock & G5. They both have far more bad reviews than FireNock or ArchersFlame.

I came to the conclusion after extensive research that there is not a decent Illuminated Nock System on the market. Every major manufacturer has problems with their nocks performing consistently & for the prices they're charging for their products, performance & consistency should not be a problem.

And did you know, P&Y will not give recognition to any animal taken using electronic or battery-powered devices on ones equipment. Meaning, if you take a World Class Whitetail using an Illuminated Nock or an Illuminated Sight, you are exempt from entering said deer into the record books. So unless you're strictly hunting does or smaller bucks, you run the risk of disqualifying your deer from P&Y records.

Before you spend the money on an Illuminated Nock, check your wishlist to see if there's not something else you might want to spend your money on. But if youre dead set on owning a lighted nock, look into purchasing a FireNock or an ArchersFlame.

Happy hunting!