HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Official Team 5 Bloodtrail Brothers Thread
Old 10-30-2012, 11:51 AM
RIStrutStopper
Nontypical Buck

Made a rookie mistake on Saturday. Had a doe trot straight at the tree from cover after about a half hour in the stand. It didn't stop until it was about 20 yards behind the tree angled straight away and behind some light branches. I waited for her to turn while I was at full draw but she never did. She just walked away. As soon as I let down I heard something behind me (which was in front of my tree...) I turned to see two more does coming from the same place as the first, and they saw me turning. I tried getting a shot off at one that stopped about 15 yards to the right of my tree, but I wasn't positioned right. When I drew the bottom cam was hitting the arm of my climber and I couldn't shoot. She and her companion just walked back into the opening they came from. Saw them about an hour or so later but they never came out of cover. Probably worked out for the best though. If I nailed one it would have been hanging in a fridge that most likely lost power in the storm. I would have had to take time off to process it. Oh well.