HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - How far do you go with scent
View Single Post
Old 10-30-2012, 06:36 AM
TheMASTERBlaster
Spike

Originally Posted by minnesotadeer
I just keep my clothes in my hunting closet. I used to bag my clothes up but it just seemed unneccessary so why do it? I agree that playing the wind is much, more important. Though I do still bag my clothes if leaving them in the car or truck all day while at work. My hunting closet is a much more controlled environment. lol. Other than that, I like to spray my boots down before walking in but I dont use scent killer other than that. For laundry detergent, I use Cheer which has no UV Brightners and no fabric softner. Scent is usually gone by the time of hunting and if not, it's not human odor, which I'd be more worried about.

What I am considering doing next year, and what I think people should be more concerned about is working on masking my breath since I hunt from the ground a lot. I see those surgical masks for sale that are dipped in carbon. Camo ones that fit snug to your face, not the ones you buy at the hardware store. You could just buy one set and keep regenerating them with some carbon dip.
Why don't you just wear a facemask to cover your breath? It would be a lot more comftorble than a surgical mask. I personally dont think breath is a big deal but they also make a chewable gum for hunters. Looking into that might be better too...