HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - How far do you go with scent
View Single Post
Old 10-28-2012, 03:37 PM
SecondChance
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by snapper1982
during hunting season all my laundry literaally everything is washed with scent free detergent. and all hhunting cloths inclluding underwear socks shirts anything i might wear during a hunt is kept in scent free totes. my scent lok is in a seperate tote with my back pack and any thing i might use for a hunt like antlers binocs are in the tote with my scent lok. i shower before every hunt with scent free soap. i dress. drive to my area. undress and then spray down with scent away. redress in new clean under garmets. then put on my scent lok and rubber boots. spray down again and walk to my stand. i will periodically while on stand spray down with scent away focusing on my neck and waist. basically where scent escapes alot. but nothing will make up for basic common sence and using the wind correctlly. i do all this and never ignore the wind. i try to always make sure deer are 99 percent not going to come from down wind. and to answer your question yes deer can still smell ur cloths and you for that matter through your hunting cloths
Sounds like we went to the same school. I as well wil not wear the same under clothes 2 days in a row. I will either hang them out to air dry if I didn't sweat or if I did, I will wash them with the hose and hang out to dry. New, clean underclothes the next day.