HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Crossbow suggestions
View Single Post
Old 10-27-2012, 10:25 AM
Mojotex
Nontypical Buck

I have had a Ten Point and have a Parker Tornado. I don;t want to bust anybody's bubble but .... my Ten Point had a failjure of the trigger mechnism that resulted in an unintended "release". Ten Point was excellent about the servicve but i lost confidence in that particular unit. I bought a Parker Tornado as a replacement after selling the Ten Point. I ahve had zero issues with the Parker, however just about 10 days one of my hunting buddy's Tornado blew out both limbs simultaneously while he was cocking the unit. The failure of each limb appeared to be identical, with both limbs splitting in perfect "half" the entire length, along what appared to be a lamination surface. This guy maticulous aobut care of his stuff, so I'd bet my paycheck it has never been abused at all. And it had been fired maybe 25-30 times ! The cross bow was purchased at the Atlanta area Bass Pro. Despite my buddy's two e-mails and a phone call to Parker's service, their repsonse was mute.

The guy returned the cross bow to Bass Pro and it was replaced with a new one a couple of days later. I say this only to say that I now figure any of the cross bows, essentially being compact, power storing machines, are subject to failure. Some maybe more than others.

Now I am worried about my Tornado ???