HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Intentional Grounding team 14
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2012, 09:12 AM
SlowDraw
Fork Horn

Went out this morning to a spot I hadn’t hunted yet this year. It is only good on an east to north east wind, which we have today and tomorrow ahead of the hurricane. Was climbing my tree about 35 to 40 minutes before shooting light and hear deer running through the brush behind me. Figured I was busted and done for the day. About 15 minutes into legal shoot hours I thought I heard something that sounded like a deer to my left. This spot has some saplings and brush around and 95+ percent of the leaves are still on here, so I could not see anything. After not hearing or seeing anything for about 15 minutes, I decided to range the few shooting lanes/ holes I had around me. The shooting was tighter then I remembered with the trees and shrubs growth. I ranged everything to the left and in front of me and was about done ranging to my right when I thought I heard something close in to my left. Figuring it would be a squirrel I pear over and there is a doe less than twenty yards working her way right in front of me. It has been a while since I had a deer seemingly drop out of the sky, but I had just scanned that whole area while ranging and have no idea how she got so close undetected. I knew she wasn’t big, but she was by herself, so I let an arrow loose on her. She was less than 10 yards from my tree and I hit higher than I wanted too and spinned her. A follow up to the lungs ended things. It is warm here so I need to take of her quick. I took a field pick with my cell phone, quality is poor but the necessary ingredients are there. It is tough to get everything in at arm’s length. I may hit another spot tonight before the storm starts rolling up this way.
Attached Images