HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Official thread--Team 11 Silent But Deadly
Old 10-25-2012, 08:31 AM
shawneeslinger
Fork Horn

Boy, this team is pretty quiet. I've been covered up with work lately, and that's good, but I'm about due for some time in the woods. I've managed to sqeak in a few quick hunts, but nothing very substantial. The farm here around the house has just had too many EHD kills so I'm not even bothering with it this year. That leaves me about an our and a half drive to get to my next farm. I've had some pretty incredible hunts with tons and tons of deer in the fields and the foodplots. Last week I had over 50 deer out feeding in the evening. 19 were bucks....most of them were little spikes and 4's, but there were 3 pretty good ones. Nothing I was interested in shooting, and it was warm enough that I really didn't want to shoot a doe. I have one plot that I planted in sugar beets and turnips, and it is getting hit hard, but until we get a good frost, it just keeps on growing like crazy. With cooler weather coming in this weekend, and a break in the action here at the church, it looks like SUnday night and monday will be my next chance in the woods. I hope that if nothing else, I can go ahead and put a doe down. Good hunting to you guys!