HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Why do YOU bow hunt?
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2012, 09:20 PM
indiana deer hunter
Fork Horn

I also gun hunt. I LOVE bow hunting!. I choose to bow hunt because it gets you in the woods earlier in the year, you get to see the forest change,the animals you see. The love of bow hunting also stems from the challenge me vs them. I love taking game ecspecialy deer via bow because unlike gun hunting when an animal is maybe 50 or 70 yards your probably going to be able to take the animal you want. When you have a bow in hand and you see your target animal the hunt has just began. There is an unexplainable feeling of accomplishment for me when I kill a deer with a bow also its just so satisfying. Deer are kind of a mythical beast and I love hunting them its still amazing how they just appear. I also like being able to see the arrow fly and contact the animal. My family also likes the meat and its a great chance to enter the woods and have way less pressured deer in the early archery season. Last but not least there are no cars,radios,screaming neighbors,complaining wifes or bosses its just you and the outdoors and gods great creatures.