HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - New Vortek and Fusion 240 gr bullets.
View Single Post
Old 10-18-2012, 12:21 PM
nys-buckstalker
Fork Horn

Default New Vortek and Fusion 240 gr bullets.

my local sporting good shop owner called me this am and said my new Vortek had came in. I ran down to pick it up and put my scope on it and bore sighted it. Figured while I was there I would grab a few things been running low on, powder, patches,primers,and more XTP's for oher gun. He had some Fusion 240 gr bullets with ribbed sabots. I grabbed 2 12 packs figuring new gun might as well try a new load with it.
Got home and did some research on the Fusion's. Found a couple reviews but not to much on them. Was wondering if anybody else has tried them or have any input about them. The load I have in mind is them pushed by about 90-110 grns. of Pyrodex RS inginted by either a CCI-M primer,Fusion muzzleloading primer or a Remington SST primer.
Know my daughter's ML likes about 90 grn of Pyrodex RS with XTP's and CCI primers. My other ML shoots same XTP's with about 100 grns of Blackhorn 209 w Rem primers. Any input would be grateful.