HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - i have questions for you crossbow shooters!
Old 10-15-2012, 07:20 AM
Thunderchicken217
Fork Horn

Ten Point does make a nice product and several of my hunting buddies use them. I personally am not a fan of the cam driven xbows. I shoot an Excalibur and to me they are the best. I can take the entire thing apart in 20 minutes and assemble in the same time. It allows you to change your own string in less than 5 minutes and the fact that it will shoot as well or better than any Ten point is what sold me. I have shot against friends who have the same bow as you are speaking of and it is a nice product but 2 of them have had problems with them. One problem was the cam and the other was the trigger locking mechanism that holds the string back wouldn't lock anymore. It really comes down to personal preference but I just don't like the cam driven bows myself. The other thing is the weight. The Wicked Ridge line isn't quite as bad as some of the Ten Point models but they do weigh more than your recurves by quite a bit. If your Dad is up there in years he may prefer the lighter bow for sure. Anyways hope this helps even a little bit for you and either way you go your getting a quality product.