HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - 2 Bucks Opening morning!
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2012, 02:23 PM
cowboy4513
Nontypical Buck

Default 2 Bucks Opening morning!

I started scouting with my trail cameras on August 1st and waited til sept 1st to check them for the first time. I only had 27 pictures but when I got home it was unbelievable 4 diffrent 10 points a couple big 8's and some smaller bucks. I had zero does on my trail cam! the 10s were all 140's and bigger. I only waited a week to check my trail cameras the next time and had a beautiful 12 point the biggest deer I have EVER seen in my area Little did I know how big he really was. I got to my stand opening day about 6am a little over an hour before daylight and immediately started hearing footsteps and bucks sparring around me. by 745 I had already seen 15 bucks. by 755 I could see this monster 12 point coming through the brush. I drew back and when he got to an opening at 13 yards I let him have it. All of the other deer around had no idea what had happened didn't hear it didn't see it just thought he was running off. Since in Michigan you get a combo deer tag good for 2 bucks I decided to knock another arrow. At 815 I saw this very wide 8 point coming through the exact same spot the 12 point came through I drew back and let him have it as well same shot same spot at 13 yards. I hit him a little high so I decided to wait until 1030 just to be safe after He Ran off and out of view. As I was waiting I knocked another arrow since I had 2 doe tags I figured I would see if I could go 3-3. By the time 1030 rolled around all I had seen was bucks 22 total!! I climbed down and both deer were lying 10 yards apart running only about 40 yards from where they were hit. What an amazing morning I have never experienced something so amazing. Gross score not official is 165 2/8" for the 12 point and 124" 0/8 for the 8 point! I have always been fortunate in killing the most dominate deer in my area since I was about 14 years old. Being 27 now and making thousands of mistakes I make less mistakes every year giving me a chance at once in a lifetime opportunities like October 1st 2012 which I will never forgot!

Last edited by cowboy4513; 10-13-2012 at 05:21 PM.