HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Bought my first Portable Tree Stand.
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2012, 05:03 PM
Breechplug
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by cayugad
The only stand I ever used was a friends Tree Lounge. Nice and comfortable but you sat kind of strange in them. And it seemed to take for ever to get it set up. But once on the tree it worked good. I am not crazy about those screw in steps either. But I am sure they work as they sell a lot of them.

Like you I went to permanent stands because they were more solid and all I had to do was to walk out. But as of late I have been going ground. I got some of these dog house blinds that set themselves up. I kind of like them. But you can see so much better out of trees.
Yes Dave I like the home made pressure treated wood stands the best, there solid and have lots of room and I just feel more safe in them than being in a hang on.
But I needed a stand I could move to where the action may be that I dont have a permanent stand set up. Plus I have made permanent stands in places befor that had good sign but all the scent and noise I left behind made the deer know I was there, they were good stands the following year but when I wanted to use it Now they were'nt that great.
This stand was a pretty good deal if it's not noisy, it was only $100 and comes with 8 screw in steps and 2 screw in accessory steps, a DVD that I dont need to watch but Im sure beginners should watch and a nice kinds big platform and seat.
(BP)
Attached Images