HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Intentional Grounding team 14
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2012, 04:15 PM
SlowDraw
Fork Horn

I went out this morning and saw three bucks, one little 3 point, a small eight and an almost big enough not to get a pass 7. His right side was pretty decent but the left (3point side) had a shorter main beam and wasn’t quite as heavy. I am only hunting public property this year, but a couple of the properties, including the one I was on, hold some 120 + deer every year (I would be surprised if the one I passed made 100). And usually between me and a couple of friends we see one or two that would go over 140 (usually in the rut). Of course seeing them and getting a shot with a bow are two different things. The properties are very different, but both have a lot of really thick stuff that allows a few bucks to get up there in years. We are allowed a second buck if we take two does, but both of these bucks could be nice in a year or two, and without a doe down I don’t feel like scrambling to get two before the rut gets here. Hopefully I don’t regret letting him walk latter. I wasn’t real excited when he was in range, so I figured passing was the right call.