HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - sighting in
Thread: sighting in
View Single Post
Old 10-02-2012, 06:17 AM
BGfisher
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by UncleNorby
Your best reference is probably the Easton guide. It is on this forum somewhere.

When I am setting up a bow, I first walk-back tune with field points, and then broadhead tune.
Definitely download a copy the theTuning Guide. If your bow is tuned properly you should not have to change your sight when changing to broadheads. This is where the tuning guide can help you make the proper adjustments to your bow.

You also need to make sure you can spin your arrows with braodheads on them and get no wobble. If there is wobble then the heads are not aligned well with the shaft and can cause arrows to veer off course during flight.

And YES, you should shoot the exact heads you intend to hunt with to ensure that they fly well and hit where you aim. You should also resharpen or change blades after doing so so that they are sharp for hunting.

I would say that if your arrows with broadheads are grouping well, but have only a slight difference in POI then I'd gang adjust the sight a bit. It depends partly on how well you understand tuning and how close your hunting season is, but next year don't wait so long. Do it a month before season.