HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - First Deer?
Thread: First Deer?
View Single Post
Old 09-23-2012, 06:54 PM
HunterMatt97
Spike

Originally Posted by MZS
No blood trail is probably not be a heart shot. I suspect it was high and forward from the heart, missing the lungs too. I have shot deer with bow and arrow this way in the past - it sucks! The blood trail stops and the deer keeps going like nothing happened. Now, I aim back a little dead center on the lungs so if the shot is high, it still gets the lungs - much better success rate. Lung shot is the best IMHO as it affords the largest target.

Hope you still can find this one. Don't get too discouraged. Take a look at some "deer vitals" diagrams (google images) and mentally prepare for the next shot you take.
yeah man i went out tonight. there was a doe that came out. i shot and it missed and it didnt run so i was able to get a shot on it again. i blew its lungs out. But i was kinda bummed because in the tree it looked like a pretty big deer but when i fount it, it was pretty small. Im still happy thought i mean it was my first deer. im going out next weekend i think when bow season starts.