HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Is it ethical to shoot a running deer with a bow?
Old 09-22-2012, 06:29 PM
Arkansasmountainman
Fork Horn

WOW!! you would think GOD has started judging here! Ok I get both sides, shooting at a running deer is something that a novice and most pros should never try. But the guy clearly states he has practiced that his whole life. Thats the same as me saying YOU shouldnt shoot at a broadside deer standing still at 41 yards. If you think you can make the shot, and you have put effort into practicing that way, let the sticks fly! I was raised hunting deer with dogs, I love still hunting and spot and stalk, but my one true love will always be listening to the beagles bawl away on a good chase, numerous people have said " hunting deer with dogs is unethnical, because there always running". Well sometimes they were, but my 12ga. with 000 buckshot was always faster!!! To each his own. From the sounds of it, Furgitter diddnt just pick up a bow yesterday. I will not shoot at a running deer, because I do not have the confidence that I can make a good clean shot! On another note. The whole deer worshiping thing, YES I do worship deer, I believe that I should show respect to the animal that I am hunting (gotta a little ted nugent on ya there). I believe that a deer is beautiful! And to finish, a small qoute from my FAVORITE drink JAGERMISTER:
This is the hunter’s badge of glory,That he protect and tend his quarry,Hunt with honour, as is due,And through the beast to God be true.